June 20th @ 7:30pm – Village Hall
Riverwoods is a wonderful and unique experience! In collaboration with the Village, Lake County Forest Preserve, our Village Ecologist, and others, the Riverwoods Preservation Council invites you to an educational and social event to better understand resources that are available to preserve our environmentally rich community today and for the future.
- Meet your neighbors and gain insights on how our local resources can help, such as the Village’s cost share programs and our own Village Ecologist.
- Enjoy some light refreshments, and good company.
- Clarke mosquito abatement will present “how to manage mosquitoes while minimizing environmental impact to our families and pets.”
- Hear Jim Anderson, Director of Natural Resources, talk about how the Lake County Forest Preserve handles invasive plants, such as buckthorn and garlic mustard.
- Mike Warner, Executive Director, Lake County Stormwater Management Commission will discuss recent news about projections of increased water levels in Lake County.
- Listen to a panel discussion on the current health of our woodlands (and its impact on our property values) and how best to approach maintaining our Riverwoods ecology. The panel will be moderated by the RPC and include our Village Ecologist, Steve Zimmerman, and several certified restoration vendors.
The June 20th event will focus on these important topics and is intended to help Riverwoods homeowners preserve and improve our much-loved environment. Refreshments, including snacks and beverages, will be provided.
Please email the RPC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend
Riverwoods Preservation Council Board